Hormone replacement therapy (HRT) supply issues
• The Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) are aware of the ongoing manufacturing issues that have affected the supply of some hormone replacement therapy (HRT) products throughout 2019.
• Please see Table 1, which provides the latest update on the availability of all HRT products marketed in the UK and the known resupply date for products that’s are currently experiencing supply issues.
• This table also provides an update of all HRT preparations that remain available. Clinicians may be required to switch patients to alternative HRT products that contain the same active ingredients for a temporary period.
• Prescribing information regarding HRT equivalence to support local decision making is available through various sources such as the British National Formulary, Summary of Product Characteristics (SPC), The Monthly Index of Medical Specialities (MIMS), and other sources including local Medicines Information Centres.
• Clinicians are advised to work closely with community pharmacies to understand local availability of HRT products and use the table below to help make decision about appropriative HRT products for patients who are affected by the supply issues.
• DHSC will continue to provide updates on HRT availability in the monthly supply report, which is uploaded to the Specialist Pharmacist Services website. All registered user can access this update via this following link: https://www.sps.nhs.uk/articles/department-of-health-and-pharmaceutical-market-strategy-group-pmsg-supply-updates/
• Please share this information with relevant networks locally including GP practices and community pharmacies.
*Elleste HRT Range:
**Evorel HRT transdermal patch range: